There is an interesting trend in the industry that might have application for your business. Some salons are offering memberships which charge a flat monthly fee, and provide whatever salon services are required (cuts, color, blow-outs, etc), instead of a fee for each service every time they book an appointment. The membership system provides for more consistent cash flow, but the potential drawbacks are obvious.
It could work on a limited basis for suite stylists, and it would not be good for 100% of your clientele. Additionally you would have to be aware of anyone that would try to take advantage of you. But, maybe on a limited basis?
1. Cash flow can be more easily calculated and managed throughout the year (better through the slow times of the year).
2. Cash management is super-easy if payments are through an automatic monthly draw (we can help you set that up)
3. Client loyalty increases, because they sure aren't going to look somewhere else if they are paying a monthly membership!
4. You get paid even when they don't set an appointment in a month.
1. The client might feel like they have the right, or even the obligation to visit daily for a wash and blow-dry in order to maximize their membership.
2. Most suite stylists offer their clientele 100% of their attention and professionalism when the client is in the chair, and this might feel like a discount, or more of a hair-factory environment.
It would take some serious calculations to see if it could work for you, but might be something to think about with part of your clientele.